[T3] securing the speedometer?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Oct 7 22:32:39 PDT 2016

On 8 Oct 2016 at 3:26, Max Welton wrote:

> Ha! Yeah, it's the gas gauge that I was using in my 68. Nice to know it's heritage. It has the trip-odometer I like.

The trip odo began in '71

> Those tabs look pretty simple. I should be able to make some longer ones.

They are very hard spring steel: impossible to duplicate. VW only
made late instruments available as replacement parts, so they also
carried the early tabs so they could be changed, but I've never
managed to remove/replace them without destroying the instrument. I
probably have some from destroyed instruments but I don't try to swap
them because that's proved to be way too hard.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org