[T3] 3-position, Ignition Switch "Saver", Anti-Theft, Fuel Pump Switch

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 16:59:17 PDT 2016

Well ... it finally happened.
After Jim installed the 3-position (etc.) Fuel Pump Switch in my '69
Square, I got in the habit of putting the toggle switch in the NO RUN
position when I parked in a public area or store parking lot.

Yesterday, I ran an errand to the local hardware store.  After I returned
to the Square, two men were admiring the Square; asking questions, etc., I
put the key in ignition, turned it to the start position and the engine
would turn over but not start.  Hmmm?  The engine was running perfectly
fine before I parked.

(You can probably see where I'm going with this.)

After three failed attempts to start the car ... BING!  The "light bulb
over my head" went on.  Duh!  Return the Fuel Pump switch to the RUN
position.

I'm pretty certain a potential "thief" would have never found the switch.
Now, in addition to getting in the habit of putting the toggle switch into
the NO RUN position; I also need to get into the habit of pulling the
switch back into the RUN position, too.  But the real benefit of the
3-position Fuel Pump Switch is it saves wear 'n tear on the ignition switch.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)