[T3] fastback seats

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Tue Oct 11 14:42:32 PDT 2016

On 11 Oct 2016 at 14:37, alluringeyewear at comcast.net wrote:

> Hello all!  I am currently reupholstering the seats in my 1973
> Fastback. The levers on the front seats to fold the seat forward are
> my concern. One seat has a round lever and the other kind of a
> rectangular one.  Which one is correct for my 1973?

The correct knob to release the seat back on a '73 is roundish, with
2 grooves on its backside to clear 2 ridges on the fixed plate behind
it.

Earlier seats had a more round knob that had no grooves and the
backplate didn't have the ridges.

I don't know what Beetle seats used, but it's possible that one of
these is a Beetle seat.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org