[T3] Gas gauge springs to action, gets stuck

Doug Brashear dougbrashear at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 11:55:04 PDT 2016

(not sure if this went through the first time...if so, and the digest with responses just hasn't arrived in my inbox yet, please just ignore...thanks!)
Hello all,

My newly resurrected '73 Fastback has an issue I'd like to address, and I'm not quite sure of the fix.

When I turn on the ignition the gas gauge needle springs to action instantaneously (whereas in my Bus it moves more slowly). When the Fasty's tank is full the instantaneous motion sometimes gets the needle stuck on the full side of the range (though it always pops loose with a tap on the glass).

Is this just a new gauge vibrator/stabilizer I need?

Thanks!
- Doug :-)

Sent from my phone