[T3] fuel injectors for 1971 type3 squareback

Birtalan, Victor VBirtalan at FTI-NET.COM
Thu Oct 20 09:41:31 PDT 2016

Hello Jim, thanks for the reply.  I had one injector replaced, the mechanic stated that it was leaking.  I agreed with him
since I was able to detect fuel vapors near the engine.  The mechanic only had one new injector, but stated that it would
be good to replace all four at one time.  However, since he did not have four, only the one, the bad one, was replaced.   Hence, the other three are still functional, but new injectors seem to hard to find and I have not been able to replace these.   Rebuilt injectors were suggested since the mechanic has access to someone that does the rebuilds.  I would prefer to use new ones, however.  Do you have access to new Bosch injectors, if so, I am interested in obtaining four.   Please advise.  Thanks,  Vic

From: type3-vwtype3.org <type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org> on behalf of Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:27 PM
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] fuel injectors for 1971 type3 squareback

On 19 Oct 2016 at 23:39, Birtalan, Victor wrote:

> Hello, I am looking for four fuel injectors for my 1971 type3
> squareback.  The injectors can be either new, used or not functional,
> but rebuildable.  Please advise.

I've not seen good outcomes from rebuilt injectors, unless the only
thing they need is to have the hoses replaced, which is common.

I have new and used injectors, but it's a lot of work to sort thru
used injectors to find ones that are still viable.

Tell us what's wrong with the injectors you have. We may have some
good options for you. If you end up buying new ones, get Bosch 007s
(that's the last 3 digits of the 10 digit Bosch part number.)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org