[T3] I need sheetmetal, 70 fastback inner fender front left, and chrome "automatic" script

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 02:04:16 PDT 2016

It may have been from the reservoir, but usually it's the reinforcement area that goes due to water getting trapped in the box section.
The way I repair that is to use a section from the opposite inner fender forward of that area from a scrap Type 3. It needs some reshaping as the top is more curved  and the lower and rear corner are not correct. The stamped reinforcement shapes are the same as the  others. I butt join on the closing surface which makes it invisible when finished.
You may find a good section, but in the UK that's impossible due to rust, and would mean cutting up a good car.
Is the other side ok?
Hope that helps.
Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club