[T3] NAPA fuel filter FIL 3001

Skully Lehto skullysink at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 14:22:46 PDT 2016

Does anybody know if a roof rack off a ghia will fit on a fastback?if not
does anybody know where I could find one besides on the samba

On Oct 30, 2016 10:11 AM, "Christopher Slaymaker" <slayskridge at me.com>
wrote:

I trusted NAPA to source a correct fuel filter for me.

Wrong.

I think I lost about a quart of fuel figuring this out.  The nipple size is
too small.

I’m trying to find a suitable replacement, but am drawing a blank.

I have an OE filter on there now that a friend sold me from his stash of
original parts - he has an ACVW shop that he has been operating for decades.

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with missing at speed/under load and
thought the fuel filter might be suspect since it’s been on there a few
years (several thousand miles as my squareback is my daily driver).

I have tracked down as many other possible problems as well, and I believe
I have all the FI connectors continuous. The harness ends are brittle as
hell.

I have not tested the temp sensor impedances at operating temperature yet.

The charging system is maintaining correct voltage.  Fuel pressure is 29.5
- what am I missing?

Chris Slaymaker
1971 Westfalia “Lurch”
1971 Squareback “Lurch”