[T3] 1969 Volkswagen Squareback Seats

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Wed Sep 7 15:42:24 PDT 2016

On 7 Sep 2016 at 17:34, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> My original, one-owner Square came with Leatherette NUT BROWN vinyl.   If I
> can find that color in a quality vinyl, I'd like to install that.
> Changing colors, patterns, etc. would not look right IMHO, with all of the
> other panels which are OEM Nut Brown.

Most places which do this work will send you swatches to check the
color match. If you've got someone you trust to do the cutting and
sewing, I'd stick with them, because I've had mixed luck with
suppliers out there. They all do lots of beetles and buses but don't
know anything about Type 3s, so you don't always get something that's
right. Whether they will sell you just the material is another
question.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org