[T3] '67 Engine Tins

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 21:31:46 PDT 2016

In a message dated 9/17/2016 12:10:43 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
knowonelse at sbcglobal.net writes:

It's  been a long while since I was even actively lurking, but I'm back
actively!

'67 stock Squareback. Engine had thrust bearing play, so it  just sat for a
few years.

Right after I went though everything else to  get it in nice shape.

Bought a stock 1600 longblock from AVP (local to  me) and they have
installed some engine tins on the undersides of the cylinder  that I have not seen
before.

I've posted some pictures on Flickr and  would appreciate some thoughts on
these  tins.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52053275@N00/albums/72157670647048993

Thanks!
Those are called "super cool tins" and are/were used by VW for hot
climates and on 73 type 3 engines.

Bob 65 Notch  S with Sunroof