[T3] Where do you guys source Late Type 3 Silencers please ?

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 01:30:30 PDT 2016

There's no magic source of the original style mufflers, though there are
probably thousands worldwide stashed away privately, a dribble of which come
onto the market as folk move out of the hobby, one way or another, or
liquidate their un-needed assets.  There's no magic time machine - the
DeLorean was only a car!

In the UK, some have had custom stainless systems produced at fairly high
cost, but they should outlast the cars or owners, or both!  The cost of
shipping from the USA to the UK is prohibitive, I would have thought, unless
filling a crate with items to spread the cost.  Leave that to VW Heritage.
The Budel event in The Netherlands is coming up soon, and often has
quantities of that sort of thing, but it costs to travel there anyway.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club