[T3] Phill from Samba sent a link to a few photo's of the AAR

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Tue Aug 1 10:48:38 PDT 2017

 Jim one last question.
I posted on Samba where I got the photo's and Ray Greenwood chimed in and
said not to use ATF because it's an oil and if it gets down to the heating
element being an oil it will carbonize and cause the heating element to fail
over time.

 This is what he said
 "NO NO! WAIT! .....soaking the electric model of AAR ....especially the
round type 3/4 model.....is BAD!

The oil will coat the heating coil inside....char over time to carbon....and
eventually destroy it.

Keep the AAR as upside down as possible and soak the top rotary valve
section ...ONLY....in something like Berrymans B-12 chemtool.

Even if you get chemtool or carb cleaner down inside on the coil.....it will
largely evaporate and the coil will be fine. Ray"

 He also meantined seafoam spray in another in this post
"Berrymans is fast.....seafoam is slower.

The problem with these AARs is that they get gummed up from the oul bath air
cleaners....and tge spring gets weak with age (secondary issue). If you can
dissolve any varnish....then blow it out and oil it lightly.....as long as
the coil heats correctly and the bi-metal spring is working.....its decent.
"

 I was going to hang the unit upside down so the fluid just goes into the
nipple that has the hose to the IAD and no deeper then drain the fluid out
and still upside down maybe use brake clean to flush the fluid out or should
I just get acetone and hang it in that and let it evaporate then blow it
out?

William