[T3] Phill from Samba sent a link to a few photo's of the AAR

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Wed Aug 2 10:04:53 PDT 2017

Jim : I PM'd the fellow who actually did the cleaning of his AAR, the
photo's I linked and sent to you . Here is what he said . It seems his did
not have any oil on the heating coil area and that he took the valve out of
the body to clean the valve and the body . The good news is the valve must
fit snug enough in the valve body that oil fumes do not reach the coil area
. In his original post he mentioned his AAR was stuck in one position for
years .

"I took mine completely apart and then soaked both parts of the valve
submerged in cleaner. The deposits on my valve were so stubborn that had to
use different cleaners, as well as a lot of manual cleaning with a rag and
wooden chopstick.

As you can see from my photos, the coil was perfectly clean, having been
sealed in its can.

I believe that you are planning to clean yours upside down, just immersing
the valve. This may work if the solvent acts on the deposits, and it should
keep the coil clean and dry. You can test the operation of the valve easily
by connecting it to 12v and observing the movement. "