[T3] Phill from Samba sent a link to a few photo's of the AAR

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Aug 11 14:20:49 PDT 2017

On 11 Aug 2017 at 8:28, jaredkohler at gmail.com wrote:

> What about the adjustment screw on the mechanical AAR? I didn't touch mine
> as it was set on center at 0. I suppose the adjustment to left or right
> would decrease or increase the AAR's open / close amount upon warm-up /
> cool down? Should I dare adjust to gain a better response? Open faster,
> close slower. Or? Perhaps this isn't how the adjustment works.

The AARs were adjusted at the factory, to close at around 120 F. There's no
reason to adjust them, as it has nothing to do with anything past warmup.
Yes, I know lots of people do this, thinking that they can improve something,
but most of them end up posting here to ask why this didn't seem to help.

The only thing to worry about is whether your AAR is working, sticking, or
stuck. It sounds like yours is working now and that's great.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org