[T3] Why is it that when I got my 73 SB I never hadtoturnthekeysevera...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Aug 13 23:01:07 PDT 2017

In a message dated 8/14/2017 1:14:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
catnine09 at dslextreme.com writes:

Well Bob  some make a big deal about ethanol think we still have E-10 here.
You know  who brings up all the issues of what it might do to the fuel
system
especially on FI models. From what could find it was not until 2012 we had
E-10 here yet we've had it since at least 2003 . I never saw any issue
with
water and rust yet you see plenty of Videos on You Tube yet each has  a
product to sell you .
Oh don't get me wrong, as I've seen what it does to the insides of  carbs,
and what it does to fuel hoses as well. We've had 10% ethanol here for 30
years now, so I'm kind of used to it. But if we've had it that long, you guys
 out in California probably had it or something even worse for those first
10 or  so years. I haven't really noticed much on FI vehicles, other than
hoses going  bad. In fact I've got some FI vehicles here that seem to run on
turpentine (old  gas with ethanol in it). The biggest issue I have with
today's fuels is  that they loose their vitamins quickly over time. And that
makes for hard  starting, poor running, and a lack of acceleration. I know
they've changed how  they blend fuels, because gas from 10 or even 15 years ago
was a better  quality than what we're getting today.And yes, I'm old enough
to remember tuning  a car by looking at the tail pipe color (something you
can't do today). But here  in Michigan (and other eastern and some midwestern
states), we get a summer  blend, and a winter blend. If they can do that
twice a year, you know they've  been tweeking on it over the years.
Sorry If I've gone off the deep end, but even Keith will tell you  there is
a difference in fuels, and it's not just the ethanol they're adding to  it.

Bob 65 Notch  w/Factory Sunroof converted to  IRS