[T3] Why is it that when I got my 73 SB I neverhadtoturnthekeysevera...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Aug 16 23:23:23 PDT 2017

In a message dated 8/14/2017 1:11:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
catnine09 at dslextreme.com writes:

We have  the summer /winter blend here as well . I read doing a search that
the  ethanol is added at the gas stations and it could be more or less
ethanol  and that even the ethanol gas sitting in their tanks takes on
water
and  looses it's octane rating. What gas station is going to keep up on how

long the fuel sits in a tank let alone check how much ethanol and water
exists. They talk about only going to gas stations that sell a lot of fuel
.
>From what I understand, the ethanol gets mixed at the end of the pipe  line
(for me that's Detroit, Gary or Indianapolis Indiana, or Chicago Illinois).
 Prior to that it comes from Texas or Louisiana and is piped to the larger
cities, where it gets transferred along the way. When it leaves Detroit
(for  me), it's hauled in tanker trucks. Some fuel stations do get their fuel
from  Indiana, or Illinois. But those "sub refineries" are where the ethanol
gets  mixed. The reason behind this, is that there are still places that do
sell "pure  gas" (ethanol free fuel). Using Gas Buddy, the closest place to
me is 35 miles  away 1 way). However, I normally get my gas at the Pilot
(about 2 miles away),  as they have a very high turn over of fuel (I'm also 11
miles away from  Canada).

Bob 65 Notch  w/Factory Sunroof converted to  IRS