[T3] Breather cap

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Wed Aug 23 22:32:46 PDT 2017

It seems all have different issues at different times. My 73 auto trans
never had a starter issue and still does not , hot long drives in hot over
100 degrees and the starter always worked no matter how long I drove or how
long it sat.

 I never had to prime my fuel system until maybe a year ago and this is a
guess because I didn't record when it began . It started with three key
cycles then became more cycles now even if it sits 2 days it's 9 and I added
a primer switch which seems to take a good minute and even them it will
start then quit half the time. Before this it could sit a week and I'd reach
in the window turn the key once and it was running .

 Now once it does fire up I can drive it and it does not matter if it's a
mile or 10 miles and it can sit for more than three hours and always fires
right up , sometimes I make 4 to 5 short trips in a day and it will start
right up even when it's not really warmed up temp wise.  let it sit a day
and it's back to the priming mode crap. all I know is if it sits over night
some where the pressure bleeds off either through the pump or somewhere and
I don't see any fuel line leaks even when it's running. The lines from the
engine to the back of the tunnel are the most difficult to see . From all
I've read here and asked here and on Samba I just need to find what it is
and rule out one thing at a time. My guess it the stock old pump check valve
is not holding the pressure yet I need to rule out any fuel leaks first.
Just build up pressure and clamp off the pressure side at the engine then I
know it's from there to the pump . I'm told it could be an injector with a
slow leak , perhapes yet it would stand to reason to some extent if this
were true there would be other signs when I start it after it sits for 3
hours like maybe some white smoke or hard starting when it's hot . Trouble
is with this crappy ethanol fuel who knows if any smoke or hot hard start
would even apply. All I know is it's the same fuel since this priming crap
began .

 I do hope you find the issue for all the time and frustration you have gone
through .