[T3] Breather cap

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Aug 24 05:32:28 PDT 2017

On 23 Aug 2017 at 21:59, Daniel Nohejl wrote:

> Also¦...In terms of starting...I just had the pleasant experience of
> starting JimTMs 73 Automatic and it fired up instantly with what felt
> like a half a turn of the key.

To be fair, I'd just moved the car a half hour before Daniel and Jessican
arrived. The engine hadn't been warmed up, but the fuel system was all
primed.

One thing I'll check today will be the starter bushing in the tranny housing.
Their old one may be worn out, which makes the starter work poorly. It also
sounds like the starter brushes may be worn out.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org