[T3] Breather cap

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Aug 25 05:44:21 PDT 2017

On 24 Aug 2017 at 22:56, Keith Park wrote:

> Jim can probably tell you where to get one of these valves,
> he gave me the one im using now, when my pump first got rebuilt
> I found that the backflow valve leaked down too fast, the teflon hadnt
> seated in, so I added the valve.  solved the cranking to start problem.

I gave Keith a sample I had, that had the wrong nippe sizes. He had to adapt
it to our hose size. I've never managed to find a good source of check valves
with 5/16" fittings, so I don't recommend that as a solution.

Besides, the check valve is not always the problem, but the primer switch is
always a solution, and it's simple enough that anyone can install it. Plus it's
cheap.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org