[T3] Breather cap

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Sat Aug 26 09:50:56 PDT 2017

 What about the fuel pressure regulator ?  I've only seen drawings of one
showing what's inside . It has a metal disc and a sort of machined end bore
and the spring pressure against the disc is the actual adjustment when you
turn the adjustment screw increasing /decreasing the pressure on the
disc/valve . From what I can tell not ever cutting one open the fuel port on
the side connected to the pressure side of the ring seems sealed from the
spring area and one side of the disc other wise fuel would find it's way out
the adjustment screw. What I don't know is when the system is shut down  is
if the disc closes all fuel flow to the return . If it does then it could
bleed off the pressure.

 I was thinking about this the other day . Say for example everything is
well all the hoses and injectors cold start valve and pump , everything
holds as well as it's designed to do and the regulator disc acts like a
check valve when the flow is shut down and the liquid fuel still has
pressure. . It's pressure in the system so it could bleed off at either end.
Pressure side pump check valve or Return side regulator .

 Also reading the post on worn pump brushes and dirt and or water finding
it's way into the tank because the over flow hose is cracked . Wouldn't even
rust caused by ethanol based fuel because it absorbs water since these old
systems closed venting is by now shot cause the pump brushes to fail . There
is a filter before the pump some of this crap rust , dirt has to be trapped
by the filter or are we talking very tiny particals the filter cannot stop.