[T3] Breather cap

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Aug 29 21:37:33 PDT 2017

On 29 Aug 2017 at 23:45, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> The 2nd one was just the solenoid that went kaput. I'm still
> looking  for a compatible solenoid for it, to return it to service. So far I've
> come  across 2 other starters, but neither is a match for the part that does the
>  "pulling". It was a freebe , so I can't complain too much. ;-)

I thought all the MT starters had interchangable solenoids. Was this
an AT starter?

Otherwise, the piston that does the pulling is part of the solenoid.
Just swap them together.

Or describe why this doesn't work for you. Or send me the part number
on the solenoid and starter that you're trying to fix.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org