[T3] Breather cap

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 19:23:04 PDT 2017

> Sounds like you've done all the proper things.
> check the braid where it goes from the solenoid terminal
> to inside the starter, in the salt belt these rot off.

That’s some good long distance diagnosis there. The brushes and whatnot else looked fine and Jim was going to take our starter inside to test it out. It was sitting on the ground for a few minutes as we did other things and then Jim asked “is that cracked” and lo and behold, we all confirmed that the braid had corroded and split kind of in the middle.

> Want the car to start on the first compression stroke?
> put an extra backflow valve in next to the pump, maintaining that 20psi
> or so will ensure quick starts when the mixture is right.

You don’t use a prime switch?