[T3] type3-vwtype3.org Digest, Vol 87, Issue 11

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Dec 13 10:13:29 PST 2017

On 12 Dec 2017 at 13:02, William J wrote:

> I didn't know X engines were 72 only . I thought they were just the latest
> . Mine is a calif car and had the EGR . I imagine a car built in 73 does
> not mean the engine was made in 73 .

The production number years refer to model years, not calendar years. This
will be clear if you look at the dates associated with the VINs, but I realize
that this was difficult in my emails, since the alignment got screwed up and
the lines tended to wrap.

For a clearer view, look here:

http://www.vwtype3.org/info-serial-numbers.txt

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org