[T3] 1966 Type 3 Squareback ( non-functioning horn)

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:11:30 PST 2017

A moment of pause, to consider the substantial work, time and tools needed
to make a horn operable, as required by
http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/347/III/38.

The Wisconsin DOT states:
347.38 Horns and warning devices.
347.38(1) <http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/document/statutes/347.38(1)> (1)
No person shall operate a motor vehicle upon a highway unless such motor
vehicle is equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of
emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less
than 200 feet, but no person shall at any time use a horn otherwise than as
a reasonable warning or make any unnecessary or unreasonably loud or harsh
sound by means of a horn or other warning device.

​Knowing that every day that I drive our cars or motor home, I probably
violate some law.

But as
Dave said:
"I suppose see and avoid is the main technique for driving, but I wouldn't
want to be unable to give a toot if it might stop someone driving into me in
a parking lot, eg."  [sic]

Even though my '69 Type 3 Squareback may be in violation of a WI DOT
statute, the difficulty and expense may not be worth the effort.

Jim ... a question:
If I were able to use a car lift at Randy's garage in Stoughton, would that
make the job easier?​

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)