[T3] Rear defrost wire boots

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sun Feb 5 20:11:54 PST 2017

On 5 Feb 2017 at 20:42, Jessica Chase wrote:

> After removing our rear hatch yesterday, we wound up with torn up boots on the defrost grid wires. Driver´s side:

> The only replacements we´ve found are these which only look like they´d work if they were trimmed
>
> http://www.airheadparts.com/Grommet-Rear-Window-Def-WiretoGlass/item/141-971-923%20PR <http://www.airheadparts.com/Grommet-Rear-Window-Def-WiretoGlass/item/141-971-923%20PR>

Your OE boots look pretty typical for their age. They were originally
sort of grey/beige and the AirHead replacements look black, which
will probably last longer (better UV resistance.) The AH versions
look to be in 2 pieces, of which you'll only need 1, but they look
like they should work. I don't know where the other parts would have
been used.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org