[T3] General questions...Vintage VW-related...

David Yaghoubian goob at roadrunner.com
Tue Feb 7 04:48:36 PST 2017

>1)  Where did Wing Vent windows go?...and why?   Without them, how to get a little air in the car without blowing hats off people in the back seat?

The only times my '68 square has ever been broken into (3x in the 1980s) it was via the vent window, by the thief either forcing it open with a screwdriver and breaking the latch, or, once I bought those supplemental "vent wing locks" just smashing that window and reaching in to unlock the door. My hunch is that the security issues, the manufacturing costs due to extra seals and parts involved, and standard air conditioning eventually killed the vent wing.

Dave

---