[T3] Portable Jump Starters

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Feb 21 23:06:08 PST 2017

On 21 Feb 2017 at 20:53, J. Jonik wrote:

> Any recommendations for portable Jump Starters?  That would be at
> least useful for our T-3s, but ok to help out others with regular
> cars.

They are useful for people who are often called on to work on cars
that need electrical system service. They are not a solution, they
are a bandaid to get you to the point where you can fix the actual
problem. I understand that you don't know what the actual problem is
yet, but that's what you need to determine.

I'll send you a copy of my charging system faq. If you work thru the
tests there, you should be able to track down the problem. I'm not
sure if this is the latest version of this faq; I'm in the middle of
changing PCs.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org