[T3] turn signals/brake lights

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:36:21 PST 2017

> I don't understand how this could change, but even what shows in your
> video doesn't look bad to me. Check the 2 bolts that bolt the MC to
> the pan. If those had come loose, it would increase the free play. If
> that turns out to be the case, you'll have to reset the pedal stop
> after you tighten down the MC bolts.
>
> Keep in mind that the important thing is that the brake pedal have
> SOME play.

The pedal definitely still has some play. For a few years, we had about as much as you can see in that video I linked to but I came to dislike it, especially when driving in traffic. I got it to within 3mm of spec and then it changed over a few months which led me to adjust it again today. Checking out the MC bolts is an interesting idea and I’ll do that when I replace the switch in the next few days.

> Those boots are almost all gone by now, and they don't really do
> much. In some ways you're better off without them, since they tend to
> hold moisture in, rather than letting things dry off.

I found a NOS boot for $16, but if what you say is true, then I’ll just pass it up. I did note that on the switch we replaced 2.5 years ago the connectors were bluish and crusty already. We replaced the boot at the same time as the switch. Do you just advise some dielectric grease on the connectors then?