[T3] cool weather idle hunt

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Mon Jan 9 18:13:25 PST 2017

On 9 Jan 2017 at 19:48, Daniel Nohejl wrote:

> The only time I didn=B4t get this hunt/lope was when I decided to clamp
> the hose from the AAR to the oil bath. While the motor struggled to
> stay running for a block or two in the cold, there was no surging
> whatsoever and the idle got up to normal in due time. Could it be that
> the AAR is too open when cold? Is that even possible?

I reset your AAR, but it's possible that I didn't get it right. I
THOUGHT I had a reliable way to do it, but I may have been mistaken.
There's not much I can do about it now, but once warmer weather gets
here I can double check my method. If I need to re-do your AAR, I'll
gladly do it gratis, with my apologies.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org