[T3] cool weather idle hunt

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Jan 11 20:09:56 PST 2017

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Ahhh for the lack of a mere lockwasher.

Keith

In a message dated 1/11/2017 8:35:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

that FI  relay screw is a often forgotten weak spot that can leave you hung,
I  remember Russ getting a great deal on a car once because of  that....

It was a car a dealer took in, and placed on the back row of the lot  due
to it not running. Russ made them an offer (50 bucks I think), processed the

paperwork, and with a phillips screw driver tightened that screw up and
drove  the car home. The salesman was pissed to say the least.
He also bought the yellow 73 Fastback for cheap (in 2009 or 2010?),  and
after the money was exchanged, tightened that screw up, and drove the car
onto his trailer.
So that screw being loose can cause the car to not run.

Well, Dave was right that Dan's car was getting "low voltage" to the  FI. :
)

Bob 65 Notch  S with Sunroof