[T3] rear hatch/hinge issue

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 16:11:02 PST 2017

> I picked up a large cheap screwdriver at Harbor Freight this morning
> and was surprised at how easy it was to turn it into what I hope will
> be a good VW709. I hope it works rather than just bending since I've
> heated and annealed it.

Amazing!!! You have our gratitude for life!!

> It's now on its way to you via USPS Priority Mail, which they expect
> to deliver on Thursday. As long as I had a package headed your way, I
> packed up another good B brain and the 311 L distributor which I had
> "freshened" for you. That just leaves your heavy parts to ship. I'll
> get to those parts later this week and then we can settle up.

Perfect. In one of those bizarre twists of the USPS, the used hinge parts I bought were shipped from WA maybe an hour before your message arrived but they’re scheduled to be here Wednesday. You’re half the country closer and shipping something far smaller but they say it'll arrive on Thursday. Weird. Either way, thanks again for this…..now, barring loss of eyes or fingers, we’ll definitely get the job done this weekend.

> You can rent and return the VW709 for $8 or buy it for $20. No charge
> for the brain, as long as you return the failed one to me at your
> convenience.

If the VW709 doesn’t break, I’ll probably want to buy it though I’d be happy to loan it to others if they need it. I’m not replacing anything with NOS parts so some wear will definitely have occurred on what we get. While we always observe care to not let the hatch fly up when opening it, who can say what the owner of the used parts did?