[T3] Strange Fuel Gauge Behavior

Doug Brashear dougbrashear at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 14:53:47 PDT 2017

Hello all,
I'm seeing some strange behavior in my '73 Fasty's fuel gauge, and was hoping to hear your sage advice on it.
Here's what's going on:
When I first turn on the car, the gauge needle instantly jumps up to the appropriate level based on the fuel in the tank. The reading does seem to be accurate. But when the tank is full, the instant travel sometimes get the needle stuck at "full". My other VW fuel gauges send the needle to the appropriate level slowly...not the case here.
Then, when the car is fully off, and I turn on the parking lights and the 4-way flashers, the needle jumps back and forth with the blinking of the flashers.

Whaddya think? Thanks in advance!
- Doug :-)Falls Church, VA