[T3] Previous owner blues

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jun 2 12:47:47 PDT 2017

On 2 Jun 2017 at 19:17, kirk wrote:

> It's a 73 squareback. I'm in Minnesota. I noticed that hole . So I
> compared to the other side. They both have a similar hole. I almost
> think it was for a weeping.

What I think I see is a series of very irregular holes. Maybe that's just tar or
shadows or ???. If the only hole there is the drain hole, that's okay.

I'm in Madison, WI, which is not that far away, and I have 2 Squareback IRS
rear subframes that would make good replacements. Swapping in would be
heavy work, but it wouldn't be fiddly. It all depends on how much energy you
have.

If you want to try repairing that hole, I'd suggest tightening a bolt and washer
in the correct position and welding the washer in place to correct the
elongated hole..

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org