[T3] Orientation of inner splines on torsion bar.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jun 9 14:13:25 PDT 2017

On 9 Jun 2017 at 19:49, kirk wrote:

> So the mark came off of my torsion bar that indicated what the position
> was when I removed it from the inner splines.does it matter  the
> orientation of the inner splines if I know where to put the spring bar
> on the outer splines?

If you're content to just put things back the way they started, and know that
the outer end is correct, then set the outer end as it was. Then try different
orientations of the inner splines until you find the one that works. All the
others will be way off.

Note that you must either measure the angle to the body's horizontal, or
compare to the other side when it is partly out and completely relaxed (not
just let down against its lower stop.)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org