[T3] Rear Deck Mat - '69 Square

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Jun 14 20:05:27 PDT 2017

In a message dated 6/14/2017 3:33:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

My '69  Square, brown rubber(?), rear deck mat seems to have "dried out" and
now is  broken into two pieces.  I've checked JBugs and CIP1.  Neither
seem
to offer that item.  Are there any other companies who may have a  supply of
rear deck mats?
The reproductions available today are either gray or black.

Questions:

1. Is the mat held in place  by a metal strip which "pinches" the forward
edge?
Yes,

2. Can the "anchor" be carefully "opened up", to  release the mat?
Yes

3. If the mat can be removed and laid upside down  on a flat surface, can
the transversely cracked mat be  *effectively* mended with something like
FlexSeal Tape and/or  FlexSeal Liquid?
Don't know, never tried it.

4. Does anyone have an OE mat in  their"stash"?
Nope, mine deteriated. It was grayish blue for a 70 model.
I believe the repops wre black. Don't know IF  ISP West had another  run
made.

Bob 65 Notch  w/Factory Sunroof converted to  IRS