[T3] Rear Deck Mat - '69 Square

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Jun 15 05:30:44 PDT 2017

On 14 Jun 2017 at 20:41, Mike Fisher wrote:

> You don't want it clipped down in front anyway.  Moisture trapped under
> those original mats rusted out every engine deck unless it was cut out at
> an early age!

The only rusted out decks I've ever seen were on FI cars where the brain
had not been installed correctly. This lets water in that hole, which spreads
out under the mat and certainly causes extreme rusting. The solution,
however, is simple: Install the brain correctly, so that the spring clips hold
the cover tight against the body and seal the hole.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org