[T3] Padding material for fastback truck

dlstiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sun Jun 18 09:47:31 PDT 2017

On 2017-06-15 22:29, Max Welton wrote:
> Not talking about the "frunk", but rather the luggage area above the
> engine
> cover.
>
> My 67 fastback is missing the padding for the deck around the engine
> cover.
> Obviously it has to provide a good thermal barrier so items I palace in
> the
> truck don;t get roasted.
>
> What are people for this?
>
> Max

I had this same problem when I first put Clementine back into service in
2013. The only engine cover I had was a half rusted out one off the
square I had got for parts (RIP 72 square she lives on in Clementine
LOL). We cut out the rusted out parts and found metal of the same
thickness and welded that in those areas. Then I took the insulation off
the under side of a hood off a junk Ford Crown Vic cop car and cut to
size and used the same set up that vw used to hold the original
insulation on with. It worked till I found a better engine lid with all
the original insulation still on it later.

Dennis Stiefel
Automotive Service/Repair (Mechanics) Instructor
Dekalb County Technology Center
Rainsville, AL
72 Fastback Fi/MT