[T3] gas mileage, voltage, etc.

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 16:15:15 PDT 2017

> The only other possibility is that there is something weird about your car that
> tends to kill them. I don't know what this might be, but it remains a possibility.
> What if the Teflon insulated wire that was used on your aftermarket FI wiring
> harness was poorly chosen? Teflon has a tendency to "cold flow" and it's
> possible that would allow an unfused 12 V hot wire to short out to something
> in the brain that couldn't take that amount of voltage or available current.

Jim……..I was just thinking about what you said about an unfused wire shorting out to something in the brain. I have that hot start relay installed and you might remember that the fuse blew twice in close proximity to your house last summer and that you replaced the 15 or 30 amp fuse with a bigger one. Any chance that excess voltage is reaching the brain via the harness from wire 18 at the starter? I assume not, but beyond the harness, that relay is the only non-stock thing we’ve installed.

> This means that I should soon have 2 bad ones from you. If I have time to do
> post mortems on them, that might tell me something.

Yes, the previous bad one was sent your way a few months ago and if we can make it to you, you’ll have this one too!