[T3] gas mileage, voltage, etc.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jun 25 04:36:13 PDT 2017

On 24 Jun 2017 at 21:37, Daniel Nohejl wrote:

> I thought that 19 was the fuel pump ground though I´m not looking at a
> wiring diagram as I write this. Either way, I get the general meaning.

You're right, wire 18, is the one that's okay for full 12 V. Wire 19 should be
current limited by the resistance of the fuel pump relay, so it's one example
of an input that would be damaged by a full 12 V input.

> So should I just check the spark plugs for "fouling" before moving on
> to investigating "hard" FI components for issues?

Yes.

Another thing to check would be to look for stray wire strands that didn't get
caught in the crimp, either in the brain connectors or out at the engine end.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org