[T3] I don't know why yet for some reason my 73 T3 charging system seems off.

Sean Bartnik sjbartnik at mac.com
Thu Jun 29 13:27:26 PDT 2017

Very simply, the generator doesn't do much at idle. It can't produce a lot of current at idle speed. So the electrical draw of the car outstrips the generator's ability to keep up and the battery begins draining - which is the slow voltage dropping that you see.

If your battery is coming down to 12.6v after the surface charge dissipates, it is fully charged.

-Sean