[T3] Insurance for our old type 3's

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 17:20:13 PDT 2017

I've been with State Farm for 64 years.  Had cars, motorcycles, boats and
my Square insured with them.  Checked rates/coverage often against other
companies.  Found nothing better.
And with "no cost" glass replacement plus several no-hassle claims, they
get my premiums every 6 months.

VW coverage goes on and off as needed with a phone call.

Re:  Free Glass Replacement.
Several years ago (*~*1975) driving on Hwy. 41 north of Milwaukee a truck
threw a stone directly into my "line of sight".

Called State Farm Agent.  Reported the incident.  He directed me to a local
glass shop.
He said:  "They will replace the windshield with a PPG glass."
I said: "No.  I want original German-made glass installed."
After convincing him that I wanted to keep the car "as stock as possible",
but he said PPG was only ~$146.00; Original German glass was north of
~$450.00.  He "groused" but relented.

A week or so went by and he called, ... but good news/bad news.
The good: "The glass came in."
The bad:  "It arrived ... broken."
He said:  "There's only one other windshield in the U.S. and it's in
Texas."
I said;  "So what's the problem?"
After a severe case of  "heartburn", he ordered the 2nd one.

I suggested that they better package the windshield well, because if it
came in broken, the next order would have to go to Wolfsburg.  :-)
Windshield arrived intact.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)