[T3] Distributor Drive Gear Position

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Thu May 18 11:49:22 PDT 2017

It is odd that some experience vapor lock and others do not.

My 1969 Duel Soles Squareback has never experienced vapor lock. This is despite living where summer days are in the upper 90's.

The carburetors have the thick spacers installed and the fuel pump is mechanical.

The worst issue it experiences is the dead zone because of the German 009 distributor installed.

I know. I should replace it with the correct distributor which is sitting on a shelf in a box. But that's my problem.

Same with my factory original 912, never an issue.

Brion S
S.Utah