[T3] Vapor Lock- Fuel Boil Off

Jaime Gurrola elpuerco66 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 06:23:13 PDT 2017

On 5/18/17 13:24, type3-vwtype3.org-request at lists.vwtype3.org wrote:
> A few things to make sure of:
> Is the cooling air intake bellows fully intact and correctly installed?
Check and check

> Are the heat exchangers getting all the intended air cooling?
Not running heat exchangers

> Any rustthru underbody that would let warm cooling air get sucked in from
Rust-free, So-Cal all it's life all throughout except a quarter-sized
hole at the battery area, like everybody else.  But, I'm not sure I
follow you here.
> underneath?
>
> Do the carbs have the insulating bakelite spacers under them?
Yes.  It only delays the boil off somewhat.

> Thermostat and cooling flaps installed and correctly adjusted?
Check and check.  Also ran it without the thermostat but no change at
all except it took longer to warm up.

> Anything unusual about the exhaust system, that would add to the heat soak
> after shutdown?

I'm running CSP Type 3 SS.  I have the tubes wrapped in exhaust warp to
protect me while poking around the engine compartment.