[T3] On that 73 T-3 horn

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Nov 13 12:27:21 PST 2017

I wanted to add I drive the car a bit ago and the horn works with the engine
running which makes no sense .

 The battery puts out 45 AH was is fully charged. Even with the charger
connected and on just key on the horn didn't work . The generator spinning
at idle speed the horn works . When I tested the horn at the horn it was 1
volt less than battery voltage and I grounded the other horn wire to the
bumper and it was loud . I doubt the horn draws much current . I realize
battery AH is . I suppose the added resistance in the horn contacts is over
come enough by the amps the generator puts out even at idle.

 I checked across the fuses for a voltage drop on the horn fuse and get the
same reading both sides yet didn't check with the horn activated yet the
voltage drop is at the ground side of the horn. I should see no voltage on
the horn ground wire at the switch yet I do see a few volts.

 With the key on engine off  the gen and oil lamp and dual brake warning are
on and the fuel pump has timed out , when I try the horn those lights dim .