[T3] type 3 tool kit

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Nov 15 06:22:40 PST 2017

On 15 Nov 2017 at 9:09, DOUGLAS NUNES wrote:

> Hello! I have a `73 Fastback but no tool kit. Did my car come with a
> tool kit, what was in it and where was it stored. I have a jack in a
> hold down inside the frank on the passengers side to the left of the
> spare tire but no lug wrench etc.

Yes, your car came with a bit of a tool kit. It would have included a tube
wrench for spark plugs and lug bolts, a large rod for turning that wrench on
lug bolts and for the jack, a small rod for turning the wrench on spark plugs,
a small open ended 8/13 mm wrench, a Phillips/flat screwdriver, and maybe
a pair of pliers. All this would have been in a simple fabric pouch with tie
string. BTW, there were 2 styles of jacks: one that required a pumping action
and one that cranked up.

I think the tool kits were probably the same on Beetles, but there might have
been a change in the tube wrench, because it's a longer reach to the spark
plugs on Type 3s.

Over time I've had some of those tools. Do you want me to see what I can
put together?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org