[T3] Outside Window Scraper Rubber - Have to Buy Frames?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Oct 13 19:52:52 PDT 2017

On 13 Oct 2017 at 18:07, Coach Carl wrote:

> I´ll likely have her get the full frames rather than cut down the bus
> inner scraper as that seems to be the most straight forward and she
> can learn more about the construction of her door and components.

Just a note of caution that installing these requires taking the
doors COMPLETELY apart. This is a really big job that requires a lot
of care to get everything apart and back together without messing
something up. Plus the brite surrounds are fragile and can easily be
ruined. Go slow, keep track of what comes apart and in what order.

While you're at it, you may also want to order replacements for the
felt U-track for the windows. It's often hard to get these out
without damaging them.

Good Luck!

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org