[T3] Outside Window Scraper Rubber - Have to Buy Frames?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Oct 16 17:15:39 PDT 2017

In a message dated 10/13/2017 3:05:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

We all  wish we could buy just the rubber, but that has not been possible
so
far.  Maybe someone will make repro rubber available someday. Some
people have  been able to buy bus rubber and cut it down to make it sort of
fit. The  inside rubber looks like it should work, but the hidden parts are

different enough that this doesn't really work.
I too wish we could just buy the rubber, and re-use the existing trim
piece, since it actually fits.
On my 65 Notch I bought "type 3" trims from CIP. However, these were  for
the Brazilian type 3, which doesn't share body shapes very much. In the end
I used just the rubber from them, as they were that far off. Even the rubber
was  a 1/2 inch too short in length. I also replaced the rear/top glass run
channel  (the "U" shaped piece), but these must have been cut to bug length
as they were  about 5" too short as well.

I don't really know where to buy stuff that actually fits like it's
supposed to any more, as everybody seems to carry the same stuff. :O

Bob 65 Notch  w/Factory Sunroof converted to  IRS