[T3] I tried seaching on Samba on the subject of engine oil .

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Oct 16 19:49:10 PDT 2017

 I wanted to add. VDO does offer a mechanical pressure gauge and I think the
tubing would be safe . I used SW in my 69 E300 ford van and ran all the
mechanical oil pressure and water temp and vacuum down the left a pillar so
the gauges were above the wind screen , not quite as far as a t-3 from the
dash to the engine. Or see if they offer copper. I spoke to their tech dept
and they feel the sender I have might be the issue. That part costs more
than the mechanical gauge and the line. That's down the road , I need other
things more. It does work as least so I can at least tell if a 10/40 changes
things and if it's still high maybe 10/30.

 This engine does not have that many miles on it 35K or a bit above. I used
the crank and cam that were in the 72 case I rebuilt since they checked out
fine . I changed the pump and lifters and used all standard bearings . It
seems to have the same pep it always has. All the parts were German VW parts
pump .bearings , lifters all of it.

 I never used cheap off brand oil in it yet have no idea what the cam is
like now. Only way to know it tear down. I just don't feel it's bad enough
in any way to justify that.