[T3] Clock Fuse

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Thu Oct 19 09:41:35 PDT 2017

 I found out years ago the clock in my 73 was not fused . Only because I was
trying to adjust the clock via the small geared adjustment at the back and
touched the plactic covered hot lead.

 Now I don't connect the clock at all .

 It's always bothered me that the IGN is not fused and that all the power
from the battery to the regulator which in turn feeds the entire car is not
protected .

 I was always going to install a fusable link at least between the battery
and regulator as most other cars and trucks have or at the very least a
large enough fuse sized to carry all the current the car requires .

 I never have since it's never caused an issue.

 Perhaps a battery diconnect switch added may be a simple solution . Not
only to stop the clock from drawing down the battery , also if a regulator
sticks or anything else that the driver comes out after work to find a dead
battery.

 Problem is who want's to lift the rear seat each time . On a clock a small
mini on/off switch .