[T3] I have a question on the late 10 mm coolers with the part # .

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Fri Oct 20 15:57:04 PDT 2017

 Both the case and cooler are 10 mm. I am a bit confused on the actual presssure sender on these coolers.

 I have a VDO sender for the oil pressure and it has both connections and uses the 7 PSI oil light . I can't recall if the original sender was a tapered thread or had the copper sealing washer. I've read there were both.

 This is not a debate on having gauges or not.

 My question is do the late coolers have a tapered thread or straight 10mm x1 .

 On my 73 I added the VDO sender in 89 on my original 73 X case and then since 97 it's the same one on the 72 late U case. On mine I have a metal 90 degree adapter that has a banjo fitting with copper gaskets on the cooler and I know I didn't force it in a tapered thread .

 I cannot find any info if the late coolers had a tapered 10x1 mm thread or straight.

---