[T3] I have a question on the late 10 mm coolers with the part # .

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Oct 20 18:07:08 PDT 2017

On 20 Oct 2017 at 15:57, William J wrote:

>  My question is do the late coolers have a tapered thread or straight 10mm
>  x1 .

I THINK all our coolers had straight M10 x 1 threads, but the OE sensors
that screwed into them had tapered threads. That combination works just
fine, but the coolers should also work with banjo fittings (straight threads)
and copper washers, as long as the top surface of the cooler boss is smooth.

Type 3s that came from the factory with dual carbs, used the right hand
banjo adaptor that you described to get the oil sender out from under the air
filter crossover pipe.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org